Do you want to avoid unhealthy food additives but don’t know where to begin? This inexpensive yet very valuable course by my Low Tox mentor Alexx Stuart is the perfect place to start.
The By Bye Nasties course includes:
- A video masterclass talking you through the issues with The Big 3 (MSG, sugar + sulphites) and some other additives, labelling loopholes, and how to make a successful switch
- An explanation of the issues with these ingredients – with peer-reviewed scientific data
- Key pointers and tips on what numbers and ingredients on packaged foods to avoid
- Simple swaps and tips to reduce these ingredients
- An additive-free low-sugar, msg and sulphite-free recipe collection
- Access to a free year in the Low Tox Club Private chat group worth $49
- A handy printable guide to give to your child’s school or pre-school
What’s The Issue with Sugar, MSG and Sulphites?
Once upon a time, food was just food. One knew that sweets were for parties and social get-togethers, and the rest was produce, prepared in various ways according to culture and availability. These days? It’s a minefield for us to navigate and teach our kids what’s what.
Our kid’s brain development and growth during their early years is the foundation from which the rest of their lives is built on, so, ensuring their diet is full of nourishment and low in nasties is definitely preferable to get them off to a good start.
I’ve given a lunch-and-learn talk many times on the major additives used in foods marketed to children and I wanted to turn it into a detailed guide so that we could reach more people with it and eliminate any budget barriers.
The three biggest red flags in processed foods are excess/added refined sugar, MSG (monosodium glutamate and its chemical cousins) and sulphite preservatives. Each of them has their own complex issues, but at large, they can affect cognitive function, mood, digestion and energy levels in everyone but especially in growing little people. Not to mention all the other additives out there that we need to be aware of these days.
The sooner we identify the things that have no place in our children’s diet the better. The good news? We’ve included plenty of tips and tricks to entice your little humans to eat healthier options at home and school with very little fuss.
While this guide was developed for parents with children in pre-school and primary school, almost all of the information can be applied to adults, too if you’re just starting out on your food awareness journey.
I’ve also created this guide to support child care centres and canteens so that we can collectively work together fast to remove the main offenders in our children’s daily options, without my having to try and speak at every child care centre which is just plain impossible.
Thanks for working with me to do better by our beautiful little people!
(This is an affiliate link for your convenience. The price is in AUD$.)